Are you a weird food lover? If you aren't I wouldn't recommend reading this, actually making this dish, since this has garlic, and oil, and a bunch more abnormal ingredients. Do you like garlic? Are you a major vegetable eater? Because this is a (to me) delicious salad containing a type of dressing called vinaigrette. This is one of my mom's fave salad dressings, since it is soooo easy to make, and soooo healthy. In fact, many of my friends that hate salad (i know, it's kinda weird!) love this recipe. here it is. Enjoy!
First of all, here is how to make the vegetable part of the salad:
1)Get some lettuce, cucumber (not necessary, but cucumbers do taste good with vinaigrette.) , and avocado (also not necessary), and maybe some tomato.
2)Clean and tear up the lettuce in bite - sized chunks. Put in to a large bowl. Partially peel the cucumbers and slice. Add any other veggies like the avocado and tomato.
Recipe for the vinaigrette:
1) Put 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar into a soup - sized bowl or jar.
2) Add 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
3) Press or finely chop 2 cloves of garlic into the mix
4) Add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
5) Add 2 Tablespoons of flax seed oil (or you can just use 5 tablespoons of olive oil total instead of flax seed oil)
6) Whisk with a fork
7) Add as much salt as you need to taste. (Start with half a teaspoon.)
That's the dressing, now....
drizzle dressing over the salad and toss.
Enjoy! Oh, and happy 2010! It's going to be sooo weird writing /10 at the end of things, right?